Ticketing FAQs Follow
This article answers the most commonly asked questions about Splash’s ticketing features.
On this page:
When will I receive my payout?
Stripe, Splash's primary payment processor, issues payouts on a daily basis. Stripe also offers the ability to customize your payout schedule. Learn more in the Getting Paid with Stripe guide.
What is a pending ticket?
A pending ticket is a ticket that’s in a guest's “cart” but hasn’t been purchased yet. A total pending ticket count can be found in your event’s RSVPs tab.
A ticket is no longer pending when the guest either (1) completes the purchase or (2) exits the purchase page. If a guest exits the purchase page, the tickets will immediately become available again.
Pro Tip: Use the Order Time Limit dropdown to decide how long a guest can stay on the purchase page before it expires.
What type of payment does Splash accept for ticket sales?
Your guests can purchase tickets through Splash in US Dollars (USD) using the following credit cards:
- American Express
Warning: Stripe, Splash’s primary payment processor, doesn't accept letters in their zip code submissions. Guests using cards from countries with letters in their postal codes will not be able to submit purchases.
Can I sell tickets in currencies other than USD?
Splash offers ticket sales in USD only through Stripe.
Warning: Splash currently does not support Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) for ticket purchases. This may cause declines for guests attempting to purchase tickets with cards issued by bank accounts outside of the U.S.
How do I close ticket sales?
To close ticket sales at a specific time or at a specific capacity of guests:
- Click the Settings tab of your event.
- From Registration Settings, select one of the following options:
- Close ticket sales indefinitely
- Close ticket sales automatically at event start
- Close ticket sales 3 hours before the event
- Close ticket sales 6 hours before the event
- Close ticket sales 1 day before the event
- Close ticket sales at capacity.
Warning: Ticket sales won’t automatically close when your event ends. Be sure to update your registration settings as needed.
If I created an RSVP event, can I still sell tickets?
If you haven’t collected RSVPs yet, you can update your page to sell tickets by following the steps below:
- Click the Settings tab of your event.
- Scroll down to Registration Type.
- Select Sell Tickets.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner.
Pro Tip: If you only collected test RSVPs, you can remove these guests from your Guest List, then proceed with converting your event page.
Why do guests have to enter their email twice to reserve tickets?
Splash requires two different sets of information on the purchase page: (1) purchaser information and (2) ticket information.
Purchaser information refers to the information of the guest making the payment. This includes first name, last name, email, and credit card information.
Ticket information refers to the information of the guest(s) who will be using the ticket. This includes first name, last name, email, and any questions from your ticket.
If a guest is purchasing a ticket for themselves, they can check the I am reserving these tickets for myself box on the purchase page. This will auto-populate the name and email from the purchaser information section in the ticket information section.
Here are the steps to turn it on/off:
- Go to the Event Settings tab of your event.
- Click on Privacy.
- Uncheck the Ticket Limit once per email option
How do I change the order of my tickets in the ticket form?
To rearrange the order of tickets:
- Click the Tickets tab or Ticket Editor touchpoint.
- Select Sort Display Order on the right.
- Click on a ticket to drag and drop it to your preferred location.
- Click Save & Finish Sorting to save the new order.
Does Splash offer printable tickets?
Yes. To attach a printable ticket PDF to your confirmation email:
- Click the Confirmations touchpoint.
- Scroll down to the Email Confirmation.
- Check off Include ticket PDF.
Guests can save this ticket PDF to their mobile device or print it out for scanning.
Note: Splash does not offer the ability to design this ticket PDF.
Please sign in to leave a comment.