Splash offers many ways to run on-site check-in, most popularly via the Splash Host app.
Use this article to choose and master the check-in approach that’s right for your team.
|This feature is available to Free, Basic, Pro, and Enterprise plans|
|Roles available: All roles|
|This feature is in General Availability|
|Take the iOS↗ and Android↗ online courses|
On this page:
2.3 Offline check-in
Choosing a check-in approach
Splash offers three options for on-site check-in:
- Splash Host App (iOS and Android): Splash's mobile app offers the most multi-functional on-site experience for hosts. You can swipe to check guests in, scan QR codes, filter your guest list, enable self-registration and offline capabilities, and more. A Splash account is required to log in to the app.
- Web Check-In Link: Splash provides a unique URL anyone can use to manage guest registration and edit guest information. Your device must remain connected to the internet.
- Web App Guest List (RSVP events only): Log in to Splash on the web and use your Guest List to manage guest registration and edit guest information. Your device must remain connected to the internet.
Splash Host App (iOS and Android)
Before you get started, familiarize yourself with the Splash Host app’s download, log in, and navigation instructions.
Check in guests as a host
Tap an event, then choose the Guests tab. Here, you can check in guests using any of the methods below:
- Swipe right on a guest.
- Tap on Guest Info.
- Scan registration information.
- Register walk-ins.
Pro Tip: Tap the triple dots to open Settings. This allows you to customize your view of the Guest List with filters and display options.
Swipe right on a guest
Use the search icon in the lower left (iOS) or upper right (Android) to locate a guest.
Then, swipe right on the guest to check them in. Swipe right again to undo the check-in and restore the guest to their previous status.
Tap on Guest Info
Tap on a guest’s name to open Guest Info. Then, tap the check-in prompt.
Scan registration information
Tap the scan icon, then follow the steps below:
- Grant the app permission to use your camera. You will only need to do this once after installing the Splash Host app.
- Hold your device over a guest’s QR code or business card (iOS). Make sure the code is clearly visible inside the scanner’s square guide.
- Wait until you see a green success message.
- Remain on the scanning screen to continue checking in guests.
The app will alert you if the QR code is invalid or has already been used.
Tap the plus icon to register walk-in guests to your event. Required fields include first name, last name, and email address. Then select Checked In as their registration status (iOS only).
On Android, registered guests are checked in by default.
Self-service guest check-in (Kiosk Mode)
Note: Splash Kiosk is available only on iOS.
Tap on an event, then choose the Kiosk tab. Enable secure self check-in for guests using the steps below:
- Tap Allow Self Check-In.
- Enable Require Passcode to Exit Kiosk.
- Enter a 4-digit passcode.
- Tap Launch Kiosk.
Guests can check in by entering the email address they used to register or by scanning their QR code.
If more than one guest is found under the same email address, the app will prompt the guest to select the correct registration. If no guest is found, the app will prompt the guest to start over.
If your internet connection is unexpectedly interrupted, you can still continue manually checking in guests by using Splash Kiosk.
Note: Internet connection is required to log in and initially load your guest list on the Splash Host app.
Each offline check-in is tabulated in an unsynced guest count in the lower-right corner of your guest list.
These check-ins won’t sync to other devices, or to the Splash Guest List on the web, until internet connection on your device is restored. At that point, the syncing process will automatically begin.
Warning: Do not log out of the Splash Host app if you have an event with unsynced guests. This can result in a permanent loss of unsynced guest data.
Check guests out as a host (iOS)
On the Splash Host app for iOS, you can mark a guest as Checked Out when they leave your event. The Checked Out status is most helpful for the following:
- Capacity Monitoring: When a guest checks out, that frees up a spot on your Checked In list. This is helpful if you need to keep a tight control on venue capacity.
- Average Guest Duration: Checked In and Checked Out timestamps are available in your Guest List on the web. Use these numbers to analyze the average guest duration.
- Sales Follow Ups: Use a Slack integration to trigger a notification to your Sales team once a client leaves the event.
- Guest Safety: Use the Checked Out status to keep a safety record of guest departures. This is useful if your event is being attended by children, for instance.
To check a guest out:
- Tap on a guest to open their Guest Details.
- Tap the edit icon in the upper right.
- From the Status dropdown, select Checked Out.
Web Check-In Link
Here’s what to know about the web check-in link before you begin:
- The web-check link can be used in any web browser on any desktop or mobile device.
- Web check-in requires a stable internet connection.
- A Splash login is not required to access the web check-in link.
- For security purposes, web check-in links are deactivated 48 hours after the event's end date.
To access the web check-in link:
- Log in to Splash on the web.
- Navigate to your event.
- Click the Guests tab (RSVP events) or RSVPs tab (ticketed events).
- Click Mobile (RSVP events) or Mobile Check-In (ticketed events).
- Click Continue to Web Check-In.
The web check-in link displays a list of all Attending, Checked In, Checked Out, and Waitlisted guests.
- Search for Guests: Click the search field to search for a guest by first or last name.
- Sort and Filter: Click the A-Z tab to filter by the initial of a guest’s first or last name. Click the Last Name dropdown to sort the list by First Name or Last Name, filter the list by waitlisted guests, or filter by Guestlist (all Attending, Checked In, Checked Out, and Waitlisted guests).
- Sync Guest Data: Click sync to push the latest guest data between the Splash Guest List on the web, Splash Host app, and any Web Check-In Links.
Note: Your device will automatically sync data between devices every 30-60 seconds depending on the quality of your internet connection.
To check a guest in, click the checkbox next to the guest's name. You can also click on a guest to open Guest Details, then click Not Checked In.
A count of all checked in guests, relative to all Attending, Checked In, Checked Out, and Waitlisted guests, is shown in the lower-left corner.
Web App Guest List (RSVP events only)
Note: All roles, except for Viewer (Read-only), can use the Splash Guest List on the web to manually check-in guests.
You can use Splash’s web app to check in guests. This functionality is only available on RSVP events only. To get started:
- Log in to Splash on the web.
- Navigate to the Guests tab.
- Select a guest.
- Click Change Status from the top toolbar.
- Select Checked In.