Splash offers a free mobile app for on-site event management called Splash Host, available on iOS and Android.
In this article, learn how to use the app for all of your on-site needs including managing your events, checking guests in and out, printing name badges, and collecting walk-in registrations.
|This feature is available to Free, Basic, Pro, and Enterprise plans|
|Roles available: All roles|
|This feature is in General Availability|
|Take the iOS↗, Android↗, and Badge Printing↗ online courses|
On this page:
2.1 Events Dashboard
2.3 Guest List
2.5 Message Center
2.6 Badge Printing
Download and log in
For a list of supported devices, refer to the app stores linked above.
Log in to the Splash Host app with the same email and password you use on the web.
If you use single sign-on (SSO) to log in to Splash on the web, tap Organization Login (iOS) or SSO Login (Android) to access the app.
Log in to the EMEA Data Region
If you have an account on splashthat.eu, tap the globe icon in the upper-right corner and select the EMEA Data Region.
Warning: For security purposes, Splash does not allow multiple users to log in to the app with the same credentials. Reach out to your CSM if you have teammates without Splash accounts who plan to help with check-in.
Navigate the Splash Host app
After logging in, locate your event in the Events Dashboard. Use the dropdown menu at the top of your screen to choose between:
- Upcoming Events
- Past Events
- TBD Events
You can also search for your event by tapping the search icon in the upper-right corner.
iOS only: Tap the layout icon in the upper-left corner to switch between a list and card view of your events.
Note: The Dashboard tab is available on iOS only.
Tap an event, then choose the Dashboard tab. Here, you can:
- Share the event.
- Update registration status.
- Send the web check-in link to on-site hosts.
- Add the event to your calendar.
- View event location.
- Open your event registration page.
- Set up badge printing.
- View event registration type.
- View the event ID.
Tap an event, then choose the Guests tab. Here, you can:
- Check guests in and out.
- Monitor capacity in the room.
- Sync on-site data back to the web and your subsequent CRMs.
Guests is the default tab that displays in the Splash Host app on both iOS and Android.
Guests tab on iOS:
- Manage Settings: Tap the triple dots to open Settings. This allows you to customize your view of the Guest List.
- Filters: Filter guests by guest type, VIP, registration status, and lists. Tap Apply to update your Guest List view.
- Display: Use Secondary Label to add information beneath each guest’s name in your Guest List. Use Order to control how guests are sorted in your Guest List. Tap Apply to update your Guest List view.
Guests tab on Android:
- Guest Count: Tap the info icon in the upper-right corner for a real-time count of all guests segmented by status.
- Search Guest List: Use the search icon in the upper-right hand corner to search for a guest by name.
- Add Guest: Tap the plus icon to register walk-in guests to your event. Required fields include first name, last name, and email address. Then, optionally send a confirmation email. Registered guests are checked in by default.
- Scan QR Code: Tap the scanner icon to grant Splash Host permission to your device’s camera. Then, use it to scan guest QR codes.
Use the Guests tab to check-in guests by:
- Swiping Right
- Tapping on Guest Info
- Scanning Guest Information
- Registering Walk-Ins
Link: Learn more about checking in guests on-site.
From the Guests tab, tap on a guest to open their Guest Info.
On iOS, use Guest Info to:
- Mark a guest as a VIP.
- Edit a guest’s information:
- Update a guest’s registration status.
- Edit a guest’s registration responses.
- Print a guest’s name badge.
- Check in a guest.
- Display a guest’s registration responses.
- View and add additional guests.
- View a guest’s event lists.
- Add notes about a guest.
On Android, use Guest Info to:
- Check in a guest.
- Print a guest’s name badge.
- View a guest’s registration responses
- Enter notes about a guest.
All changes made in Guest Info are reflected in the Splash Guest List on the web.
Kiosk and On-Site RSVPs
Kiosk on iOS
Tap an event, then choose the Kiosk tab. Splash Kiosk offers self-serve check-in and registration for guests.
Kiosk settings include:
- Allow Self Check-In
- Allow Self Registration
- Require Passcode to Exit Kiosk
On-Site RSVPS on Android
Note: To launch the On-Site RSVP form, you first need to connect your device to WiFi. The On-Site RSVPs tab is not available in ticketed events.
Tap an event, then tap the form icon to open On-Site RSVPs. Here is where you can enable self-serve registration for walk-in guests.
From this tab, you can:
- Require Password to Close Form
Link: Learn more about registering walk-in guests on-site.
Note: The Message Center tab is available on iOS only.
Tap on an event, then choose the Message Center tab.
You can send a plain-text email to any guest segment(s) by following the steps below:
- Tap Write an Email.
- Tap Recipients to import guests by registration status or list.
- Tap From to edit the sender name.
- Tap Subject to edit the subject line.
- Tap Type Something to write your message
- Tap View/Add Personalization Tags to view a list of personalization options. Then, tap on a tag to insert it in the message.
- Tap Review to see all of the email’s details.
- Tap Send to trigger the email.
An in-app notification will appear to let you know the message has been successfully sent. Email analytics are available in Splash’s Email Sender on the web.
Note: Badge printing requires a paid Splash plan.
Tap on an event, then choose the Dashboard tab (iOS) or tap on the settings icon (Android) to access Badge Printing. Here, you can:
- Connect your device to a printer.
- Automate the badge printing process.
- Customize the information that appears on guest badges.
The Splash Host app exclusively supports the following printers and paper for badge printing:
- Brother QL-820NWB
- Brother QL-720NW
- Brother DK2205 paper tape (dispose the DK2251 paper that comes with the printer)
Badge printing settings include:
- Connect to Printer
- Printer Settings
- Paper Size
- Auto print on check-in
- Add guest QR code
- Primary label
- Secondary label
Link: Learn more about badge printing on-site.