Splash allows the ability to upload and send unique codes to guests. Unique codes can be used to drive customer engagement and loyalty programs or to provide access to additional event resources.
Most often we see unique codes used for:
- Promo codes or coupons for external sites and retailers
- Passwords to access additional content hosted outside of Splash
- Passcodes for an interactive experience during an event
Adding a unique code in Splash involves creating a hidden input on the registration form and then importing a CSV into the guest list with a column for the unique code. Once guests and their respective code have been uploaded to your event, you can dynamically pull the unique codes into an email campaign for guests to access them.
This article will go into each of these steps in more detail, but here are a few need-to-knows before getting started:
- Unique codes must be generated outside of Splash.
- This option is only available for RSVP events.
- These codes cannot be used as unique passwords to bypass privacy gates applied to event pages.
1. Setting up the registration form
In order to import the unique codes for your guests, you'll first need to add a question to the registration form for the column to be available. The question should be added to the form as a hidden input.
|Pro Tip: Learn more about when to use a hidden input in our article What is a Hidden Input, and when should I add one to my form?|
2. Importing the unique codes
Once the unique codes have been generated outside of Splash, create the CSV you're going to import. The CSV should have First Name, Last Name, Email, and Unique Code listed as column headers. In your event, import the CSV and map the fields to the associated columns.
3. Sending the email
Once each guest has a unique code column in the Splash guest list, utilize dynamic tags in your email to send guests their code.
|Pro Tip: Learn more about creating and using dynamic tags in our article How do I dynamically add event and guest info to my emails (i.e. "Dear John")?|
The final product? An email to all your guests with their unique code included.