Please note: This feature is part of a closed beta program.
Event Approval is the key to unlocking your team’s scaled event program. Members of your team known as “Requesters” are able to create events that are either approved or declined by a designated “Approver.” Let’s see it in action.
Creating an event for approval as a Requester
How and where Requesters create events can differ from team to team depending on how Event Approval was implemented within your organization.
Once a Requester creates an event, the event is now in a “Pending Approval” status. Requesters can see this event in their Event Dashboard and use the Approval Status column for reference.
There are a few important things to note about events that are Pending Approval:
- These events cannot be published, meaning the event URL will not be accessible to any visitors outside of logged-in users with access to the event page.
- These events cannot collect registrations nor sell tickets.
- Event owners and collaborators cannot send emails from these events.
- Test RSVPs and test emails may be sent by a logged-in user with access to the event page.
Approving or declining an event as an Approver
When an event is created by a Requestor, the Approver will receive an email informing them of the event request. The event will also appear in their Events Dashboard with a Pending Approval status.
Approvers can open the event and learn more about it by clicking More Details in the Event Overview (if the event was created through a Growth Machine) or by navigating to Event Settings.
Once an Approver is ready, they may decide to approve or decline an event from inside the event’s overview, or using the Event Dashboard:
- Approving an event: This will change the status of the event to Approved in both the Approver and Requester’s Event Dashboard and trigger an email to the Requester. The Requester will now be able to publish the event when ready.
- Decline the event. This will change the status of the event to Declined in both the Approver and Requester’s Event Dashboard and trigger an email to the Requester.
Once an Approver has approved or declined the event, they cannot undo their decision.
Managing events from the Events Dashboard
At any time, an Approver or Requester can see the status of events on their Events Dashboard.
- Add the Approval Status column to see which events are Pending Approval, Approved, or Declined at a high level.
- Filter by Approval Status to get a more granular view of events.
- Approvers can sort by Earliest Requested to see Pending Events in order of earliest created. This is a great way to prioritize outstanding events based on their creation date.
- Approvers can select multiple events on their dashboard to bulk approve or decline them. If an event has already been approved or declined, it will not be updated.