How can I anonymize contact data? Follow
Splash supports the action to anonymize contact data using incoming webhooks. In this article, we'll discuss how this can be done using a tool call Postman.
Postman is an API development tool that can be used to make API calls to any number of systems out there, including Splash. As a heads up, enabling this webhook requires set-up in both Splash and Postman.
Let's get started by setting this up in Splash first!
1. From Events Dashboard go to the left side menu and click on the “Integrations” tab.
2. Click on “New Integration” and choose “Incoming Webhook."
3. Select the webhook action “Anonymize:"
4. Splash will generate a unique webhook URL and sample payload with an integration_hash:
5. Click on the Save at the bottom right. Then toggle the integration ON in the top right.
Now that we've completed set-up in Splash, let's move on to Postman!
1. Open Postman.
2. In the top right corner, select New (request).
3. Select method POST:
4. Copy and paste the webhook URL and sample payload from Splash
5. Edit the sample payload to have the email(s) of contact(s) you want to anonymize:
6. Click Send in the top right and Splash will return a success response as shown below.
Once set-up is completed, you'll see your guests' contact information anonymized in your guest list!
Please sign in to leave a comment.