Want to password-protect your Splash event page? Or make it so that you have to be 21 to enter the page? Or restrict registration to only those on the guest list? It's all possible with Splash! Restrict access to your event page and your Guest List by adjusting your Privacy Settings.
How to access privacy settings:
Within the event, select Settings, and from there, click on the Privacy tab.
Here, we find two sections: Page Visibility and Registration.
Let's see what you can do with each of the features in these sections!
Page Visibility: These settings control who can view your Splash page.
- Public: Anyone can view your Splash page. Note that this is the setting selected by default, but can be updated at anytime.
- Password Protected (Entire Page): Guests will be prompted to enter a password prior to viewing your Splash page.
- Restrict to 18+ and 21+: Guests will be prompted to enter their date of birth prior to viewing your Splash page. (Enterprise only)
- Restrict to Guest List: Guests will be prompted to enter an email address prior to viewing your Splash page. Only guests that you have previously added to the event (you can just add them to an email draft) will be able to enter your site. This setting only restricts the ability to view the page, so be sure to check out the Registration section below if you want to restrict RSVPs, too. (Enterprise only)*
Note that when selecting this option, you can also click on the below checkbox so guests can bypass the privacy check and access the event page right away. Just keep in mind this will only work when they clicking on the event URL through their invite email sent via Splash.
Registration: These settings control who can register for your event.
- Public: Anyone will be able to register for your event.
- Private: Only guests that you have previously added to the event will be able to register for your event. (Enterprise only)
- RSVP Limit once per email: This checkbox restricts RSVP submissions or ticket orders purchased to only be submitted once per email address. For ticketed events, an attendee's email address can be submitted multiple times, as this is different than the purchaser's information.
- Ticket Limit once per email: A guest can only use their email address to reserve one ticket order for this event. Once the email has been used for a purchase, it cannot be re-used.
Heads up: At this time, we cannot restrict the ability to register to a Splash page based on the IP Address/Location/Country that the visitor is viewing the event.
As a workaround, our users often add a required checkbox question that reads something to the effect of "I confirm that I am registering from XYZ countries". They also will add some disclaimer text noting that registrants from ABC countries are not permitted into the event.
Are you still looking for more specific or complex privacy settings, like restricting the registration for a specific email domain? Request a demo of our Enterprise license and ask our experts!