What is a Hidden Input, and when should I add one to my form? Follow
Whether you're getting your event ready to import your CSV to your Guest List or setting up your integration's field mappings, Splash's Form Builder gives you the tools to capture data without displaying extra questions on the form your guests see.
This is where adding a Hidden Input question comes in. The Hidden Input question type creates a field that is visible only on your end and can be used for a multitude of cases in Splash, such as:
- Creating an area for additional notes
- Incorporating data from other events
- Assigning external identifiers for tracking
- Integration field mapping
Including one on your form is just like adding a regular text input field and will be editable in the Splash Host app, if support by your device. Head to the Registration Form touchpoint of your event page to get started:
- Click on the Add Question button.
- Choose Create New in the Choose Question modal.
- Select the Hidden Input option and click Add to Form.
- Add the question Label and Field Name, neither will appear on the form.
Once saved, you'll find a new Custom: column in the Guest List, which will include your Hidden Input's Field Name.
Pro Tip: Any questions's Label can be edited at any time, but the Field Name can only be set once upon creation, and cannot be updated. You can learn more about Field Names here.
You'll also be able to use this information in emails sent through Splash through personalization tags. Check out more info on personalizing your emails here.
Note: Dynamic tags for hidden fields should not be used in confirmation emails and can only be sent in emails from the Email Sender.
Please sign in to leave a comment.