How do I import events? Follow
If you have all the details for your upcoming events, but don't want to walk through the event creation process each time, you can utilize our Import Events feature.
This process requires a .csv file and can be used to import up to 10,000 events at a time. Download this template for example formatting.
The required fields to make sure you have are the below:
- Event Title
- Event Type
- Event Host
- Start Date
- Start Time
Other fields that can be imported are:
- Event Tags
- End Date
- End Time
- Time Zone
- Venue Name
- Zip Code
- Vanity URL
- Splash URL
- Groups - If you're adding different groups as collaborators to events, enter the group name you'd like to add as a collaborator. Groups are matched by full name, not by number. Adding the number will not add the groups as collaborators to the events.
Next, make sure that all columns have a header and you aren't importing any blank cells.
Once you have your file ready to go, it's decision time.
Heads up: The platform considers that events are repeated if they have same values for title, event_start, event_end, venue_name, address, city, state and domain, so make sure those are different when updating similar events!
First things first:
1. Head to your Events Dashboard.
2. Select the "Import Events" button:
That will take you to the import settings page:
3. Before uploading, you can make a few optional choices:
- What theme you want to use:
Warning: To import ticketed events you must select a ticketed theme. This a theme where the page action is set to "Sell Tickets."
- What Group the events should be associated with:
- How duplicate events should be handled:
- Skip the duplicate on the list keeping the original one in your dashboard
- Save a duplicate version so there are two of the same event
- Delete existing event and replace with new imported event
From here, you're ready to import.
4. Select the blue Upload button. This is the final step for importing your event(s)!
Imported events will appear in your Events Dashboard:
Please sign in to leave a comment.