Setting Up Your On-Demand Badge Printing
There are three main steps we're going to walk you through:
1. Setting up your iOS device
2. Connecting your printer to WiFi
3. Connecting your iOS device to the printer
To get started, here are the requirements you'll need to meet for successful badge printing:
1. iOS device with the latest Splash Host App
The Host App requires iOS 10.0 or later, and is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
We find that iPhone+ models with extended battery cases are best for their size and speed
When using Kiosk mode, medium-sized iPads are ideal
2. A WiFi device, such as a router, MiFi, etc.
IMPORTANT! Please dispose the DK2251 paper that comes with the printer. This paper type is not supported.
In order to print badges, both the printer and your mobile device must be connected to the same WiFi network.
The strength and consistency of the connection are essential to successfully printing.
For on-site printing, we recommend using a mobile hotspot. Why?
1. It will allow you to configure your printer and devices before your event.
If you're using the same hotspot for all events, your printer will remember the hotspot.
2. It provides a dedicated internet connection for multiple devices.
Setting up your iOS device:
1. Splash Host app is installed and up-to-date
2. Airplane mode is enabled with WiFi on
3. Settings and Splash app icons are in bottom toolbar; all others apps to be removed or placed in a folder
Connecting your printer to WiFi:
The Brother QL820-NWB can be connected to the registration network over WiFi or via ethernet. For events with 100+ guests, we recommend using ethernet.
The ideal Brother QL820-NWB device profile is as follows:
1. Menu > Template Settings > Template Mode > OFF
2. Menu > WLAN > Network Mode > Infrastructure Mode
And connecting the Brother QL820-NWB to network:
1. Open WLAN > Infra Manual Settings
2. Choose your WiFi network
3. Enter the WiFi password, then press OK after success
NOTE - this process is tedious, but remember to press OK after you are connected
Connecting your iOS device to the printer:
1. Connect your device to the same mobile network that the printer is connected to.
2. Open the Splash Host app.
3. Find your event and tap on it
4. In the top navigation, tap on the the Dashboard tab
5. Next, tap on Badge Printing
6. Then Connect to Printer
7. The app will scan the internet network for your printer...
8. Select the printer by tapping, then save!
Nice, you're now ready to print! Let's jump into Badge Printing.