Salesforce Pardot Campaigns Integration Guide Follow
In Salesforce Pardot, a campaign is a marketing touchpoint. Prospects are typically associated with the first campaigns they interact with such as ads, websites, emails, etc.
In Splash's case, campaigns are used to represent events. The Pardot Campaigns integration creates new campaigns in Pardot whenever events are created in Splash. This ensures event information, like location or date, is also updated and tracked in Pardot.
On this page:
Adding the Pardot Campaigns integration
Before adding the integration in Splash, you'll first need to disable connected campaigns in Pardot.
To disable connected campaigns in Pardot:
1. Log in to Pardot.
2. Hover over the gear icon in the top right and select Settings.
3. Click Edit.
4. Scroll down to Connect Campaigns.
5. Uncheck the Enable Connected Campaigns and Engagement History checkbox.
Only uncheck this setting if you are also using the Splash <> Salesforce integration
6. Click Save account.
Adding the Pardot Campaigns integration
After the connected campaigns are disabled in Pardot, you can move forward with adding the integration in Splash. Pardot Campaign Integrations are added and configured at the organizational-level.
To add the integration:
1. Select Integrations from the left-hand navigation.
2. Click New Integration.
3. Choose Salesforce Pardot Campaigns.
4. Enter your Salesforce Pardot credentials.
Once your account is authenticated, you'll be directed back to Splash to configure the integration.
Configuring the integration
Next, we'll walk through the step-by-step process to configure your Salesforce Pardot Campaigns integration. We'll start by entering the business unit ID.
Entering the business unit ID
Salesforce provides the following steps for locating your business unit ID:
1. Go to the Gear Icon > Setup.
2. Type Pardot Account Setup in the settings search bar and select Pardot Account Setup.
3. Copy the business unit ID(s) for the Pardot instance.
Follow the steps and enter the business ID in the provided field.
Creating a template name
The Template field will have the following placeholder: [event.title] - [event.domain]. This field uses dynamic values that can be edited to fit your campaign needs. Click View Dynamic Tags to see a full list of values that can be sent from Splash to Pardot.
Naming the integration
You can choose to rename your integration by typing directly into the Integration Name field or leaving the name as is. We recommend entering a unique integration name if you plan on creating multiple configurations. This customization allows for easier navigation and organization of your integration suite.
Once you've settled on a name, move on to the trigger dropdown.
Defining when the integration will trigger
In the Trigger section, you'll establish the requirements to activate the integration.
Event is typically selected here since campaigns represent events. The Actions dropdown provides a list of actions that need to happen to an event in order for the integration to trigger.
Setting trigger conditions
In the Trigger Conditions section, you can restrict the integration to activate for certain event types. Select any event types that apply or leave the checkbox unmarked to activate the integration for all event types.
Turning the integration on
Once all settings have been configured and saved, set the On/Off toggle at the top of the screen to On to activate the integration.
Testing the integration
Once the integration is set up, you can test that it's operating correctly by following these steps:
1. Create an example event in Splash by clicking on Create Event in the main Events Dashboard and fill out the form.
2. Then, pick a theme.
3. You can then check the activity log again in the Integrations screen by opening the configuration and clicking Activity Log.
4. You'll see a log confirming the integration was triggered for the event. Clicking on the log reveals additional details.
5. To view the campaign in in Pardot, open the Marketing menu and select Campaigns.
6. In the list of campaigns will be one with a name matching the name of your event.
Please sign in to leave a comment.