Mapping Splash Events to Campaigns
In Salesforce Pardot, a campaign is a marketing touchpoint. Prospects are typically associated with the campaign that they first interacted with. These can take the form of ads, websites, emails, etc.
In Splash’s case, campaigns are used to represent events in Pardot. This integration can be configured to automatically create new campaigns in Pardot as events are created in Splash, and to update the campaign as changes happen so that fields like the location or date can be tracked in Pardot.
Pardot Campaign Integrations are configured at the organizational level.
Creating a Pardot Campaign Integration
To create a campaign for each event, you can use another organization-level integration.
1. Returning to the Integrations page in your Account Info, create a new integration.
2. Choose the “Salesforce Pardot Campaigns” integration.
Note: When you create this integration, you will be asked to sign in to Salesforce Pardot again. Enter your username, password, and API key.
3. Similar to the previous integrations, you must configure the core options. First, name it something descriptive, such as "Splash Event Creation to Pardot Campaign."
4. For the Trigger, Event should be the only option available.
5. For Action, choose Create.
6. The Template field in integration settings will have the following value placed in it: [event.title] - [event.domain].
Note: This string uses dynamic values. For more information on this feature, see Appendix B.
7. Finally, turn on and save the configuration.
Creating an Event
Similarly to earlier in the guide:
1. Create an example event in Splash by clicking on “Create Event” in the main Events Dashboard and filling out the form.
2. Then, pick a theme.
3. You can then check the activity log again in the Integrations screen by opening the configuration you made and clicking the “Activity Log” button at the bottom.
4. Here, you can see if the integration has fired yet.
5. Clicking on it opens the details, where you can see if the HTTP call was successful.
6. To verify this in Pardot, open the Marketing menu and click on Campaigns.
In the list of campaigns will be one with a name matching the name of your example event.