How do I build a Form?
Splash allows you to easily build out each aspect of your RSVP form and watch the changes appear as you go.
It's all done from this Form tab located in the editing toolbar to the right of your Splash page:
Let's get started!
The Standard Form Setup
Any form you create has the required First Name, Last Name, and Email fields already plugged in. These cannot be removed.
To add any additional fields you'd like your guests to fill out, just click the Add Question button, as shown here:
The Add Question pop-up feature contains a list of 21 pre-made questions that you can easily select and add to your RSVP form.
Questions are sorted by Personal, Professional, and Social categories. Feel free to use whatever you’d like!
How to allow guests to RSVP No
Adding the pre-made "Are you attending?" question allows someone to RSVP "No."
When this question is answered or updated, the guest’s status will be recorded as "Not Attending" in your Guest List.
Note: If you create your own "Are you attending?" question as a Custom Question, the guest's status will still come through as RSVP Yes and will not automatically update. So be sure to use the one already created for you in Standard Questions!
How to allow guests to bring +1s
The "Bringing a guest?" question allows a guest to RSVP with a (+ 1) and add that (+1)’s information.
Once someone has selected the checkbox labeled "Bringing a guest?" they will be prompted to answer the guest's information.
As the event organizer, you can choose to allow your guests to bring up to nine (+ 1s). The more the merrier!
To edit the fields of information you would like to collect, start from the main Form layout page.
If you'd like to make an information field required:
1. Hover over the question name and click on the pencil icon to the left.
2. Click the Required switch to toggle whether the question must be answered in order to submit the RSVP.
If you'd like to delete a field:
1. Hover over the question name.
2. Click the trash can icon, highlighted in yellow below.
Response Limits Enterprise Only
Hosts can set limits on questions with the Dropdown, Multi-checkbox, and Radio (Multiple choice, single-answer) response types. A response limit limits the number of times a guests can choose an answer, which comes in handy if you’ve got limited resources, such as t-shirts in specific sizes.
Here’s how to set a limit:
1. Select the question you want to set the limit for, and make sure you choose either the Dropdown, Multi-checkbox, or Radio (Multiple choice, single-answer) response type.
2. Enter the displayed answer options in the Options section.
In this case, the response type is Dropdown, and we're entering 3 choices:
3. Click on the option and in the Response Limit input, enter a limit.
4. Once you've entered all your response limits, don't forget to hit Save Form at the top!
When filling out a question with response limits, guests can see how many of their desired selection are still available. When a response hits its limit, it is disabled and the guest can no longer choose it:
To edit the headline of your form:
1. Click on the Headline section at top of the form layout.
2. Hit Save Form at the top.