Overview: Configuring the Eloqua Contacts Integration in Splash Follow
Contacts are at the core of Oracle’s Eloqua, storing information about people who are interacting with your marketing, such as names, phone number, job titles, and more.
Splash’s integration allows you to connect this guest information to Eloqua to and create and update contacts.
Adding the integration
Start by navigating to the Integrations tab. You'll find this in the left-hand navigation if adding the integration on the organization-level or within the Settings tab if adding the integration on the event-level.
We recommend that you create these integrations at the organization level for the greatest efficiency.
Next, add the integration:
1. Click the New Integration button.
This will open up a menu of all the available Splash integrations.
2. Scroll down slightly to find Eloqua Contacts and choose it.
3. When adding the integration, you'll need to sign in to Eloqua to authorize it to access the API. A window will appear to enter your Eloqua credentials.
4. You will next be prompted to give access to Splash. After you hit Accept you will be returned to the Splash integration screen.
Configuring the integration
All configurations have a number of triggers that will determine how the integration operates. Each configuration will vary slightly, depending upon which integration it is.
To set up the configuration:
1. Enter a descriptive name
2. Next, define the triggers that will activate the integration.
3. Finally, choose the action(s) the selected Trigger option must perform.
This dropdown is a multiple-select, allowing for several activities to potentially activate it.
4. Hit Save.
Note: The Eloqua Contacts integration automatically checks through existing contacts to prevent duplicates from occurring. If a new contact is found with the same email address as an existing contact, the integration will update the existing contact with any new information.
Ready to start mapping fields? Check out how in this guide!
Please sign in to leave a comment.