These instructions are specifically for setting up a subdomain (e.g. events.splashthat.com) or directory (e.g. splashthat.com/webinars) as a custom domain for Splash page.
1. Create the Splash page.
Did you know every page gets its own splashthat.com domain? This is totally legitimate and can be used to spread the word. Vanity URLs are best for company branding or that extra special touch.
2. Head to the Settings tab
on your page's toolbar. If you don't see the Vanity URL field, please reach out
to have it applied to your page. It's included with all Enterprise licenses!
3. Enter the custom domain
that you would like to connect with the Splash page, e.g. splashthat.com.
* This can be entered at the time of purchase or edited later within the Settings tab of your toolbar, shown below in the Vanity URL field. Type the domain that you own in the field and don't include www. or http://. This part will automatically be included. Don't forget to click Save!
4. Check your domain type:
- Regular domain, e.g. splashthat.com or splashthat.events
- Subdomain, e.g. events.splashthat.com or support.splashthat.com
- Directory, e.g. splashthat.com/webinars or splashthat.com/product
5. Visit the website where you purchased the domain and log in.
6. Go to the settings of the domain name you want to connect.
7. Navigate to the specific domain's DNS Settings.
Need help finding DNS? Check the Help Center of your domain name registrar's site. Avoid any option that says "redirect".
8. Based on your domain type in Step 4, continue below:
Subdomains (e.g. events.splashthat.com) Best for: One-time events and Event Hubs
Typically, the steps are:
1. Double check you're in the DNS Settings section.
2. Click Add New Record.
3. The Add DNS Record window displays.
4. From the Record type list, select CNAME.
5. For Host Name, enter the subdomain for your event, like "events" for "events.splashthat.com".
6. For Target Name enter "domains.splashthat.com".
Yep, literally enter domains.splashthat.com.
Directories (e.g. splashthat.com/webinars) Best for: Event series
To use directories, the root URL needs to point to Splash. Complete this using the regular domain setup: How do I set up a Vanity URL to go to my Splash page?
We recommend connecting the root domain with a Splash event hub, like splash.events.
1. Ensure to complete the regular domain setup for the root URL.
2. Double check sure you entered the directory domain into the Vanity URL field in the Settings tab of your Splash page.
Surprise, that's it! Now that you've set up the root domain to point to Splash, you can add any directory for that domain to the Vanity URL field of each Splash event you throw with no further setup.