Splash Account Changes - Fall 2016
In June, we announced upcoming changes to the free Splash tools event organizers use for creating RSVP events. These changes also affect the availability of pro add-on purchases, including white label and vanity URLs, for both RSVP and ticketed event organizers. Our new packages will roll out in September and we want to make sure you’re totally prepared for what’s changing.
WHY IS SPLASH MAKING THESE CHANGES? As our business evolves, we’re faced with challenging decisions but are striving to cultivate the best experience possible for our event organizers.
WHAT IS CHANGING? The following capabilities will no longer be available for RSVP-only events that are created with a free Splash account:
- Ability to restrict RSVPs to a specific invite list
- Password protected RSVP buttons (NOTE: you will still be able to password protect your page)
- Guest list email validation
- Waitlist activation and RSVP closure
- CAPTCHA form verification
- Analytics and tracking links
- White label and vanity URL add-on purchases
WHAT IF I USE SPLASH TO SELL TICKETS? If you use Splash for ticketed events, white label and vanity URLs will no longer be available for individual purchase per event. In the future, they will be available as part of our new Ticketing package - we’ll share more information on this option as soon as it is available.
WHAT CAN I CONTINUE TO DO WITH A FREE SPLASH ACCOUNT? While some elements are changing, Splash Basic will continue to give you incredibly robust tools for hosting and promoting their events, including the ability to:
- Design and host custom pages
- Create unlimited events
- Send emails and purchase email credits
- Collect RSVPs or sell tickets
HOW WILL THESE CHANGES IMPACT MY EVENTS? These changes do not impact past events, but certain functionality will no longer be available for events created after September 30th. Pro Add-Ons that have already been purchased for an event, including vanity URLs and white label, will still be honored.