There are a variety of ways to add recipients to a Splash email:
- Quick lists - These lists generate automatically based on attendee activities, such as Attending, Awaiting Reply, and Checked-In status.
- One-by-one - At a minimum, this option requires you to have the guest's email address, but you can fill in as many details about each guest as you'd like.
CSV import - Uploading a spreadsheet is the most popular way to add guests to an email in bulk — it's efficient and allows you to update and organize your contacts with a lot of information. As a best practice, format your spreadsheet for a successful upload.
Note: Your .CSV list must contain less than 30,000 rows per import. An error will occur if you try to import a list containing more than 30,000 rows.
- Pasting contacts - Copy and paste multiple email addresses – Splash will recognize them and add them to the list.
By List - Any event-level lists you've created (i.e., Seating Arrangement) or groupings by guest list status (i.e., Attending, Not Attending, etc) can be added to a recipient list.
Note: Quick Lists are dynamic. That means if you schedule an email to a Quick List, it will send to the number of people on that list when the email is sent. Status-based lists (non-Quick Lists) are static, meaning their recipient count will not change when an email is scheduled.
- Contacts - Splash has a Contacts Manager, a central location that stores anyone who's ever been associated with any of your events. You can add the contacts individually or in bulk directly from the Email Sender or your event Guest List.
- From events - You can import guests from previous events — by list or status — and bulk-add them to any email list you're working on.
- By tag - Tags are like lists but differ because they're a permanent designation, whereas Lists are specific to event-level groupings. Any guest with a tag (i.e., Democrat, Press, Sponsor, Speaker, etc) can be quickly added to an email list.
Ready to add recipients to an email?
Create your email and then follow these steps:
- After you’ve completed your email design, click the Recipients button or the Recipients step at the top.
To add to an existing draft, click the Add More button in your email dashboard to go straight to the Recipients list.
- In the Recipients stage of your email, you can either use the Add Recipients button or the drop-down of Quick Lists.
Choose the Add Recipients button to open this menu of contact-adding options, corresponding to the methods outlined above:
- Use any of the contact-adding methods to load your list of recipients.
- Once the recipients have been added, hit the Review button (or Review stage) to proceed to the final steps before scheduling or sending your email.