Font Sets and Font Uploading Follow
A Font Set refers to the combination of fonts that are displayed on a Splash page. This article will walk you throw how to upload fonts and add or order new font sets.
On this page:
Watch a video
Generating font files
Only the following file types are compatible with Splash. Any other file type may cause unintended results.
- .svg files
We recommend uploading all four file types for each font weight. This way, the font shows up no matter what browser you're on. If you only have the font in the original .ttf format, upload it to Transfonter, and it'll allow you to convert and download the other required formats.
Once you're ready to upload the fonts into Splash's font uploader, you can upload all four file types for a single font weight at the same time. If you have multiple font weights, be sure to upload the files for each weight individually.
Lastly, if you're re-uploading these files after the fact, don't forget to re-edit your main Font set in the Design tab.
Uploading fonts to Splash
- In your event dashboard click on the Event Page tile.
- In the Layout Menu on the right-side of the Event Page Editor switch to the Theme tab.
- Hover over the Font Set gear icon, which changes to an Edit button, and click on it.
- In the Font Editor click on the blue Upload button in the bottom right.
- Click Choose File and select your fonts from the unzipped zip file (Pro tip: Select the first font, hit shift, and select the last font to upload all four font file types at once) .
- Splash automatically sets your file name as the title of your font but you can clean this up as needed.
- Click Upload.
- Exit the Font Upload.
- Click the green Add Font button then click on the font that has most recently appeared in the set above.
- Select your font from the dropdown. You may need to click Save and refresh your Splash page to see the custom font render on the page.
Repeat these steps for your remaining brand fonts.
Adding and reordering additional font sets
You can also create multiple font sets that allow you to change the entire feel of your page with a simple click of an arrow. To create a new font set:
- Click the Design tab.
- Click the gear next to Font Set; the text beside the gear should change to Edit on hover.
- Click the Add Set button at the top left; this duplicates your current font set. You’ll notice that your font set number changes at the top right, just above the left and right arrows. Right now, you should be on font set 2 of 2
- Swap out fonts or upload new fonts.
- Save the page.
To reorder the font sets and decide which should appear first, second, and so on:
- Click the cog next to Add Set.
- Click and drag to reorder the sets.
- Use the X to delete the font set.
Please sign in to leave a comment.