How do I duplicate an event page?
Quick heads up - we only allow duplicating a page that was originally created after April 1, 2015. We've made some major updates to Splash since then, and to use that sweet, sleek, new tech, you'll need a brand new page.
If you're operating with Splash for Business, we recommend saving the page as a theme instead so you can create unlimited pages from this design. Themes are incredibly powerful as custom RSVP forms, ticket types, and email templates on your theme page will carry over to new pages created from it. Plus all event details will be dynamically applied throughout the new page. Talk about cutting down building time!
Pro tip: Before you save an active event page as a new theme (a template), we recommend duplicating it first THEN saving the copy as the theme. This prevents a live event page from doubling as a template.
How to duplicate a Splash page
From an existing event page:
1. Head straight to the event page you'd like to duplicate.
2. Click on the Event Settings tab from the event page toolbar.
3. In the top right, click the Duplicate Page button.
4. Next, plug in your event title, date, and venue information.
5. Click Duplicate Event to create the new page. Voila!
Looking to use the same domain name? Check out the steps here.
From your Events dashboard:
1. Hover over the event card and click the three dots on the bottom right.
2. Click Duplicate.
3. Plug in your event title, date, and venue information.
4. Click Duplicate Event. Swoosh!
See it in action:
Important to keep in mind when duplicating:
Some event details don’t update dynamically when duplicating, so you’ll need to customize the following areas with your new event information:
- Event Settings: Site Metadata, Sharing Settings (Social Media)
- Any custom ticket start and end times
- Custom confirmation messaging