12/12/17 - Allow attendees to cancel their RSVP
Most event planners have a formula for estimating the number of guests who are actually going to show up.
Today's release makes it easy for registered guests to cancel their reservation - giving planners a truer sense of who's coming, while improving their waitlists and conversion rates.
Here's how it works:
RSVPs can be canceled in two clicks directly from any Splash email that uses the new [cancel_rsvp] tag.
Let's set this up for a confirmation email!
1. Head into your Confirmations tab, and click the Edit button to access the confirmation template in the Email Sender.
2. Add a button or text link with a Call to Action (i.e. "CANCEL RSVP" or "Can't make it?") and set its URL to [cancel_rsvp].
3. When a guest clicks the Cancel RSVP link in your email, it will bring them to an interstitial Splash page that features two prompts: Return to Event and Cancel RSVP.
4. If your guest cancels their RSVP, they will immediately be shown a confirmation message that their registration has been successfully canceled.
5. In your guest list, your Attending count will decrease with each cancelation; the guest will also be added to a newly created Canceled list, and their Status will update to Not Attending.
Pretty easy, right?
For events where seating is limited, we recommend sending an email a day or two in advance that asks invitees to change their response if they can't make it.
The new [cancel_rsvp] tag is available now to all enterprise clients.
Not on enterprise? Request a demo today.