12/12/17 - Allow attendees to cancel their RSVP
Most event planners have a formula for estimating the number of guests who are actually going to show up.
Today's release makes it easy for registered guests to cancel their reservation - giving planners a truer sense of who's coming, while improving their waitlists and conversion rates.
Here's how it works:
RSVPs can be canceled in two clicks directly from any Splash email that uses the new [cancel_rsvp] tag.
Let's set this up for a confirmation email!
1. Head into your Confirmations tab, and click the Edit button to access the confirmation template in the Email Sender.
2. Add a button element with a Call to Action (i.e. "CANCEL RSVP" or "Can't make it?") and set its URL to [cancel_rsvp].
3. When a guest clicks the Cancel RSVP link in your email, it will bring them to an interstitial Splash page that features two prompts: Return to Event and Cancel RSVP.
4. If your guest cancels their RSVP, they will immediately be shown a confirmation message that their registration has been successfully canceled.
5. In your guest list, your Attending count will decrease with each cancelation; the guest will also be added to a newly created Canceled list, and their Status will update to Not Attending.
Pretty easy, right?
For events where seating is limited, we recommend sending an email a day or two in advance that asks invitees to change their response if they can't make it.
Note: When testing out this awesome new feature, you will need to send an email in Splash and be on the guest list. The cancel RSVP option will not be successful on test email.
The new [cancel_rsvp] tag is available now to all enterprise clients.
Not on enterprise? Request a demo today.