3. Mapping Splash Objects to HubSpot Fields Follow
In the previous chapter, we set up our first Splash-HubSpot trigger. Put simply, when an attendee performs a trigger, Splash will send & insert information into pre-determined HubSpot fields.
The time has come to determine those fields!
Most users of the Splash-HubSpot integration choose to map HubSpot fields to a combination of the below objects:
- Contact Object → Data submitted or associated with an RSVP
- Ticket Object → Data submitted or associated with a purchase
- Event Object → Data associated with a Splash event
- Custom Object → Data associated with an attendee's event status
1. There is one mandatory field, so Splash makes you map it first: choose Contact as your Splash Object and Email as the Splash Field.
This will be mapped to the HubSpot Remote Field for Email Address, which is what's used to uniquely identify an attendee in both systems.
2. Next, hit the + Add a Field button; you'll use this function every time you'd like to map a new field.
3. Let's continue mapping Contact fields for our RSVP Yes trigger — which is attendee information submitted during the RSVP process.
- The Splash Field drop-downs represent responses to RSVP questions asked for any of your organization's events.
- Splash Fields are mapped to HubSpot Remote Fields, which is where information associated with Leads and/or Contacts is stored.
Pro tip: Use search bar inside the Splash Field and Remote Field drop-downs.
Below, we mapped five Splash Contact Objects to HubSpot Remote Fields, but you're free to map as many as you'd like to.
Warning: If you map two different Splash fields to the same HubSpot remote field, it may cause the integration to fail.
For example, a guest RSVPs to one event and provides a value for Splash field A. Then, the guest RSVPs to a second event and provides a value for Splash field B. If Splash field A and B are mapped to the same HubSpot field, it will try to sync the historical value for Splash field A and new value for Splash field B to the same place. It's currently not possible to choose a priority for which value would sync for the HubSpots Contacts integration.
Please sign in to leave a comment.