Intro to Splash's Hubspot Integration
Splash's integration with Hubspot is configured on an organization-level; this means that every event in your Splash organization will be tied to your Hubspot instance.
Currently, the integration is one-way; this means any event activity occurring in Splash, such as an RSVP, ticket purchase, check-in, unsubscribe, etc., will be sent over to Huspot.
When a guest's action is recorded in Splash, Hubspot will be prompted to create a new lead or contact, or to update information for existing ones.
Note: The most powerful use of this integration is via the use of different workflows and custom fields.
If, for example, you create a custom field in Hubspot mapped to the status of your Splash guests (i.e. Invited, Attending, Checked-in, etc), you'd be able to configure the integration on Hubspot's side to auto-associate the guest with a Hubspot campaign.
How it works
After you connect Splash to your Hubspot account, you're able to configure:
- Triggers - The actions in Splash that will send event and attendee information to Hubspot
- Field Mapping - The fields in Hubspot you'd like Splash data to be sent to
The Splash triggers you are able to configure for associated with guest actions:
- Guest is invited (sent an email)
- Guest RSVPs or registers
- Guest purchases a ticket
- Guest checks in
- Guest unsubscribes from an email
Splash objects you can map to Hubspot fields are grouped into a few categories:
- Contact: Any information submitted via RSVP, registration, or ticket purchase, including responses to custom questions.
Examples: First name, last name, email address, company, phone number, dietary restrictions, etc.
- Event: Information entered by a Splash user associated with an organization's events.
Examples: Title, description, start date, end date, venue name, URL, city, state, event owner, etc.
- Ticket Order: Details of a ticket transaction, not including responses to ticket registration questions.
Examples: Order Number, total, amount refunded, purchaser name, etc.
- RSVP: The Splash tracking link registered on.
Note: This trigger only works if the guest registered via a tracking link.
- Custom: Custom can mean a lot of things, but the primary use of the Custom object is to send Hubspot attendee statuses.
Continue Reading: Connecting Splash and Hubspot