If you've designed an event in Splash before, odds are you have used or encountered one of our Navigation Blocks, which give your guests an easy way to jump to different sections of your page, easily view event information, and quickly RSVP or buy tickets.
When it comes to allowing users to easily navigate hub events, we offer a hub-specific navigation element, which you can add to your page from the Hub Element library.
Adding the Hub Nav element
1. (Either on page or via your Layout tab) Click the blue "+" icon within your Hub block to open up our Element Library.
2. Click into the Hubs section to access Hub Elements.
3. Select Hub Nav
Voila! Your hub now has a navigation, featuring a few default options for serving your guests relevant Hub events.
Customizing your Hub Nav element
Mousing over your Hub Nav element will display various options - the most pertinent for the purposes of this article being Edit and Layout.
Clicking the Edit icon will open up the Navigation Element window, allowing you to fully customize its wording, arrangement, and behavior.
You're able to change both the display name of the prompt and the action that will result when a visitor clicks on it!
As it pertains specifically to your Hub, your available actions include:
- Sort by Upcoming: Sorts your hub by all upcoming events first
- Sort by Distance: Sorts your hub by all events within the closest proximity to your visitor's IP address first
- Sort by RSVP count: Sorts your hub by events with the highest amount of RSVPs first
- Show Featured: Displays only events marked as Featured
- Search Keywords: Displays only events with titles or descriptions that match the keyword you choose to enter:
- Search Tags: Displays only events with the tag you specify:
By default, though, we'll always present you with the following display names and actions.