How do I create a fixed navigation while scrolling on the page?
Creating a fixed navigation block — a navigation that "sticks" to the top of the page — is slick a way to make accessing event content easy.
And if you put an RSVP button in your navigation, it doubles as a sly way to make sure people never lose sight of your page's most important action.
Here's how to create a fixed navigation:
1. Add a new Nav Block to the page from our Navigation category.
2. In the Layout tab, drag the Nav Block to the very top of your page's layout.
3. Click on the Nav Block to open its contents.
4. Click on the Positioning dropdown menu
5. Change the Positioning to Fixed.
6. Ensure the Z-index is set to 5 or higher to make sure the entire block "floats" on top of all other elements on page.
Pro Tip #1:
If you find that the navigation falls beneath certain elements on page as you scroll down, just update the Z-index to be a higher number.
Pro tip #2:
After you set the Nav Block to be fixed, it sits on top of the block below it. We recommend adding padding to the top of the block (usually your cover) below the Nav so that none of its content is obscured by your navigation block!