First, we recommend taking this short course that covers all the basics for creating your first event Hub, publishing events, and configuring essential settings.
Let's start from scratch! Creating a beautiful hub page to house your events is a simple process.
If you've created an event page before, things are going to look very familiar.
Here's how it's done:
1. Create a brand new Splash page set to collect RSVPs.
Pro tip! Be sure to set the Location as well as the Date & Time during the creation flow of each event (not the hub page). This is especially important for events you include in your hub pages, even if it's only a placeholder. Including this information upfront will make your life much easier as you begin to style hub cards so you can see exactly how those elements will appear on-page.
2. Make sure you're in Designer Pro mode (only available with paid Splash plans).
To do so, click on the account profile icon at the top righthand corner of your Events Dashboard or event page, and toggle into Designer Pro mode.
3. Once back on your event page, in the content block of your choice, add a hub element (the same way you'd add any other element). You'll notice a special section in our element library dedicated entirely to hubs.
Note: A common approach is to first add an empty block, and then add the hub element to that block. See below:
Side note: Notice those other options in the Hub Elements folder? They'll become available after you've added the "foundation" element — the hub. We'll discuss those special add-ons more in the later chapter Enhancing your Hub page with additional elements.
Upon saving and refreshing your page, you'll notice a few key changes that mark the page with it's Hub status.
1. My Hub: Instead of "My Event," your Event Overview will say, "My Hub."
2. Subscribers: Your guests will now be registered as Subscribers in the Guest List tab, which is renamed accordingly.
3. Events Dashboard: To easily differentiate your Hubs from your events, you can filter your Events Dashboard to only show your Hub pages.
Find out how to add events to your hub in our next chapter.