9. Walk-ins and +1s: How to collect on-site registrations
In addition to check-in, the Splash App also allows you to register guests, which can be useful for a variety of use-cases:
1. Walk-in registration
2. Registering guests of guests (+1s)
3. On-site surveys
4. Brand Ambassador registrations and contests
Here's how it works: For RSVP events, the registration form in the app will ask the same questions that have been added to your online event registration form. The simple registration interface allows you to sign up guests, automatically check them in, send a confirmation email, and even associate them to as the guest of one of your other guests. All RSVPs — submitted online or via the app — will all exist within the same list.
Note: For ticketed events, there is currently no way to associate a guest with a ticket from an in-app registration.
How to perform on-site registration
1. From the event's Guest List screen, tap the "+" button in the bottom right corner of the screen, opening your Registration Form.
Notice below how the Registration Form features all of the questions you had set up for online registration.
First Name, Last Name, and Email will always be required fields; anything else you marked as required online will be required in the app.
Pro tip: By retroactively changing required questions on desktop to optional, they'll also be optional in the app, speeding up on-site registration processes immensely.
2. Swipe down on the Registration Form to view the Registration Settings.
3. Next, tap the gear icon to open the menu.
4. Within Registration Settings (below), you're able to choose what a guest's Default Status will be upon signup and if you'd like the guest to receive a confirmation email.
5. Tap Save to apply your changes.
You're now ready to quickly register guests! Easy, right?
Registering guests of guests (+1s)
To associate a guest with an existing guess — in other words, to add a walk-up as a guest of a guest — just follow this very simple process.
1. On the guest list, tap on the name of the guest for whom you'd like to register a guest, opening his or her contact profile.
2. Tap the Add Guest button, opening the Registration Form.
3. Input your guest's information. This step will follow the exact same rules as described earlier in the article — the only difference being is that the guest will be tied to an existing guest.
4. Hit the Add Guest button to complete the registration.
If you tap back into the original guest's contact profile, you'll now see the newly listed +1.
There will also be a little +1 indicator next to the parent guest within the guest list; below are a couple of examples.