The Splash Host App is an incredible tool designed to not only help you check in registered attendees but also add new attendees onsite.
When it comes to the latter, the most important thing to keep in mind for adding an attendee to a ticketed event via the Host App is that you're not actually selling a ticket.
So, what happens when you add an attendee via the app?
This attendee will not be associated with one of your event's ticket types and instead is added as a general RSVP. Therefore, any custom questions connected that ticket type will not display in the Host App.
The only fields that appear for attendees are First Name, Last Name, and Email.
Why? Because you're simply adding them to your Guest List! No ticketed transaction is taking place.
What does this mean for me, as the event organizer?
This could mean a few things!
1. If you're interested in selling tickets at the door...
- You can issue a "cash only" policy and use the Host App to collect this basic information so that each attendee is accounted for.
- You can set up a computer on-site where guests can buy tickets via your event page but keep in mind this. Pro Tip: Splash's security team has parameters in place to protect your guests and ticket sales, and prevent fraud, which means suspicious buying behavior gets blocked. Instead, we recommend that your guests use their own mobile devices to purchase tickets. More info on that here.
2. If you're not interested in collecting dollars (say you're using $0.00 RSVP only tickets), but really want to know specific information about those guests added onsite...
- We recommend creating a separate RSVP page used for your onsite check-in needs. RSVP pages will prompt custom form questions in the Host App.