Overview of the Splash page and its tools for event management and design
When you land on your Splash page, you'll notice two areas: the event website to the left and the toolbar of event management and design tools to the right.
The design process is an ongoing dance between both sections: you click the on-page elements you'd like customize and then use the tools to the right to control their appearance.
But more on that later — let's learn more about the tools at your disposal.
The Design, Layout, and Social tabs
- Design - This is where you build your color palette and font sets. You can add an unlimited number of colors and up to five custom fonts. It's also within Design that you will be able to access and manage Back-ups, Stages, and Theme settings.
- Layout - This is where skilled designers spend the majority of their time. All Splash pages are comprised of blocks, containers, and elements. Simply put, blocks hold containers, containers elements and all of these are represented here in folders that expand and collapse like an accordion.
- Social - Here you can activate an on-page gallery comprised of photos/tweets from Twitter. You can also bulk-upload images to your social block.
Event Management: Form/Tickets, Email, Guests, and Analytics
- Form/Tickets - Its here that you'll be able to add questions to your RSVP form, customize confirmation messaging, and manage key event settings. For ticketed events, this is where you'll find payout settings, ticket manager, and discount codes.
- Email - Create, design, and send emails here. There are some lovely templates that come with Splash; feel free to remix them or start from scratch.
- Guests - Where guest lists are uploaded and RSVPs/ticket sales are managed.
- Analytics - Key stats depicted visually, including page views, unique page views, day by day registrations, and more.
Settings, View as Guest, Save, and Account
- Settings - Most savvy event marketers and designers find themselves jumping in here first. Why? Because the devil is in the details. Items you can edit within Settings are classified by four different tabs:
1. Event Information - Edit the title, date, domain, location, timezone, host name, hashtag, event card, page action, and privacy settings.
2. Collaborators - Add team members you'd like to give access to your event page and receive RSVP/ticket notification emails.
3. Site Metadata - Edit search engine result fields, the event's calendar invite description, and favicon.
4. Sharing Settings - Customize social share settings for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- View as Guest - This icon will open your Splash page in a new tab without you tool bar, allowing to view the page from it's logged out, guest-facing view. This feature is essential for testing and and quality assuring your Splash page design and functionality.
- Save - It's here that you can save your page manually, see when you have pending changes waiting to be saved, or toggle Auto-save on/off.
- Account - Log out of Splash, toggle Designer Pro on/off, or quickly navigate back to your Event Dashboard.